Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hmmmmmm

I have been having major I dont know what I am doing with my life moments lately.
Been at a job for almost two years that was just supposed to be something to pay the bills while i found a full time career. I have actually been asked if I  want to do this as my career and i cant say yes but i also cant say no. I like the tech part of my job. I love that I  get to build relationships with the people I  serve. My current position with my  company provides me some options for movement should I  decide that i want to live in a different city. Really that is a huge reason I  am still there. I like the idea that should i want to move to a new city i dont have to do the whole job search thing again.  But is that a good enough reason to stay at a job, prob not. and there are all these staffing/schedule changes going on right now that remind me that it doesnt matter how much I like what i am doing if i dont like the people i work with.  
I dont want to be the person who has a job just to pay the bills. I want to enjoy what I do. I want to not throw a hissy fit every day before work. I want to get ready for the day and be excited to go to a building that houses people I enjoy and activities I enjoy and just happens to pay me. I am a realist so I understand that no matter what that happening everyday may not happen. But I would like it to happen more often than not.

The funny thing about this post (that I have working on for a month) is that I had the thought about a week ago that maybe I will never be the person who knows what she wants to be when she grows up. I'm not a doctor or a teacher or a lawyer. I am a worker and maybe I will spend the rest of my life just going wherever God takes me to whatever job God wants me to do.

31 and still trying to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment