Sunday, September 27, 2009

Emails

I should have started this blog 6 months ago when I moved out here. Then I could have written all about the wierd interviews (ok only two) that I have had, and the turmoils of writing and rewriting resumes and cover letters. The world has truly missed out on some fun times in the last 6 months of my life, so instead you get to hear about how I got an email on Friday afternoon.
The Friday afternoon email was sent on Wednesday afternoon, 3:30 pm Wednesday afternoon to be exact. The contents of the email were about an interview day on Thursday afternoon, Thursday from 2pm - 5pm, less than 24 hours after the email was sent. One of the downfalls of not having internet at home is that things like this can happen very easily. It is not always easy for me to get to a coffee shop to check my email so things often wait at least 24 hours or longer in my email box.
But you see there was another issue with this email, besides the short notice and my lack of internet. The interview was being held over a thousand miles away from where I currently am. So even if I had recieved the email on Wednesday afternoon the probablity of me making it to the interview was very small, ok basically non existant, unless I would have gotten in the car that very second and drove all night long, or had money to waste and jumped on the first plane out. Neither of which are the case. But imagine the look on their faces had I walked into the interview after driving on night, exhausted and maybe even starving. THAT is dedication to a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment