Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What to do???

Yesterday while meeting with my pastor he informed me that I needed to figure out what I wanted. WHAT?!?!?! Apparently me living as the wind takes me isn't a very purposeful life, nor profitable.

I have been couch surfing for the last 6 months in the beautiful Long Beach, CA area. I came out here after living in Iowa for 27 years. I had spent the last three of them in a small south eastern Iowa town with a good job. I also spent those three years looking for another job. Small town living is not the life for me. A short discussion with some friends and my hand been forced at work lead me to quit my safe job and load up my car and move.
So in addition to couch surfing I have also been job hunting, in a state that is having some pretty serious issues. The major downfall for the job hunt besides the lack of jobs is the lack of knowing what I want. I have this ideal in my head of working for a convention center or hotel as an event coordinator. That is what I would love to do, I think. In all honesty I have no clue.
So here I am with a blog and not much else. I tell myself and others that I what I want is to do what God wants me to do. Which is completely true, but I don't know what He wants me to do. Does He want me to be a bartender, or a nanny, or a lunch lady? Does He want me in Long Beach or Redondo Beach, or maybe back in the Midwest? Maybe it doesn't really matter what He wants, or maybe He wants me to do what I want. Which goes back to the original issue.
I need to figure out what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment