Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My story

I was thinking today as I was walking back home from dropping of yet another job application on Day 573 of the great job search. (ok it hasn't been that many days but it feels like it)
I was thinking today about how great of a story I have. I got to live in Long Beach and rock the beach California life for almost 9 months. Not that it wasn't hard to not have a job and a source of income, but it is pretty amazing that I got to do that.
I made a decision that I was stuck and needed to restart, so I quit my good job with a good income at a good company because it wasn't what I wanted in life.
Still not overly sure what I want but I know that what I had wasn't it. California gave me a great time to figure things out and refresh and get my head back into the game. Now I know what I don't want and that is to settle. I am not going to settle for anything less than what I desire. I want to make kids clothes so I am going to do it. I want to do events so I am going to do it. I want a job that will give me the chance to create and be with people and have the freedom to explore my life. So I am going to.

Had two phone interviews today and feeling good about life, except that Nebraska is cold right now and my bedroom has a goofy heater, as does "my office".
I should change and get ready to go workout but yoga last night kicked my butt and I am not sure I can do it two nights in a row. I think I will just go unpack some more, so I can continue on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment