Sunday, May 16, 2010

Inferior

Currently I have a bit of a "celeb" crush on Joshua "Fatty" Olds. He plays bass in a band called Family Force 5. I go through phases where I think that he and I could actually be together. As though I have a real chance of meeting him (which isn't that far off, there is about 2 or 3 degrees of seperation between us) and of us falling in love. That is a happy wonderful beautiful world.
Then I look at pictures of his beautiful sister in laws. I am talking drop dead gorgeous sister in laws (sisters in law???). The type of women that you see walking down the street and wonder if they are real or just figments of your imagination. I look at those women and think about a life where I would be constently comparing myself to them. Living in the same town, touring with them, family holidays. A world where me and my size 10 jeans won't fit in with their size 2 perfect faces and perfect hair.
Every insecurity comes up in me when I look at those women. Even if I could get over my body issues, these women are talented and smart (ok not sure about the smart but I am assuming) and any thought I have of being with this man flies out the window. I am inferior to these women in so many ways. Why would he go for me when these are the examples of women he could have.

Blah sucky pitty party. I am over it. Back to my regular life where I do things like look for apartments and jobs and not dream about marrying a hottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment