Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Looking Back

For whatever reason after my last post I decided to look back over my posts from the last 7 months. Ok I do know why, partly bc I was slacking off and partly bc i wanted to see if it was appropriate enough to post a link to this page so my friends could read about my randomly writings about being jobless (my add just kicked in and while looking at the ceiling of the coffee shop I noticed giant nails sticking out. What if someone was super tall and jumped? they could totally get a nail through their head)
I realized something when looking at my past writings, besides that I am totally random, that in the last year I haven't really shared with anyone (except a few of my fellow underemployeed friends) exactly what I am going through.
No one really knows how I spend my days. I have spent the last year with an average of 4 -8 a day, seven days a week, searching the internet for jobs that I want to do and am qualified for. I have sent out more resumes than I care to count. I have stared at job descriptions and thought about how overqualified I am, or how I would love this job but there is no way they would pick me.
I have discovered that after spending a day looking and applying to jobs I usually want to curl up in bed and not think about it for the next 24. When I lived in CA, I would have used that next day to go to the beach and read or plan trips to Disneyland (which I miss more than words right now) or watch random crappy reality tv and dream about being my own reality show.

In other news that has nothing to do with looking back except that I have had this thought several times over. I would LOVE to tour with a band. Be their merchadise girl for a summer or something like that. Driving from city to city, sleeping in a bus, showering once a week. Yeah a little gross but that would be soo amazing. Hmmm how do you get a job doing that?

P.S. There is a Dave Matthews song playing in the coffee house right now. I really like Dave Matthews.

No comments:

Post a Comment