Thursday, April 15, 2010

My place in this world

"I'm looking for a reason, trying to find a place in this world, my place in this world"
I was never good at song lyrics and to save my life I can't tell you who sings it but it is in my head as I think about where I belong.

I have been in Omaha since the end of November and have a part time job that I don't hate, a church that is mega, a bible study with wonderful women and the Bible, and some wonderfully random friends.
I definetly have no path, no mission, no true north. On Sunday my pastor gave us an assignment. To write up our personal mission statement. Not what we WANT it to be, but what it truly is. I obviously have not done this for several reasons, one being my laziness and another being my total desire not to be honest with myself or anyone else for that manner.

I would love to say that my mission is to glorify God in all ways possible, but that is not true. I think that if I were to be completely true with myself I would say that my mission is to get through the day.
How pathetic is that. That is my life goal, that is what guides me no matter my situation or location. I fail as a Christian. I fail at life. I fill my days with stupid pointless things, like the last 10 minutes watching videos on YouTube, so I don't have to think about how I am living in my brothers basement or that I spend most of my time there or that I will never have a job that I want and love or get married or anything of those thoughts that fill your mind in a depressed state.

On Sunday my after church thought was about how I keep waiting. I was waiting to move to California to do xyz, then it was, I wanted to wait to do certain things when I moved to Omaha. Waiting for spring, waiting for summer, waiting for a full time job, waiting til I have a place of my own, waiting til I get married.
One would think that these thoughts would motivate me to get off my behind and get to work on some of these things, but not so much. Cuz I am just trying to make it through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment